Friday, March 16, 2018

R.I.P. Stephen Hawking 1942-2018


CNN has sad news; Physicist Stephen Hawking has died.

World renowned theoretical physicist, cosmologist, astronomer and mathematician Stephen Hawking has passed away at age 76.
I'm sad but neither surprised nor disappointed.  Hawking managed to live a full accomplished life while being paralyzed from ALS for more than 50 years.  That's extraordinary.

Here at Crazy Eddie's Motie News, I mentioned him in the following entries, listed in reverse chronological order:
I'm sure I won't be done writing about Hawking, as I expect Stephen Hawking's Favorite Places 2 is almost certain to be nominated for a couple of News and Documentary Emmy Awards, so I will write about the show in the fall.  Here is its trailer.

Stephen Hawking is back in episode two of our Emmy® Award-winning original series. This time, he's searching for the single idea than can explain the nature of reality, where it all came from, and why we exist at all:  the theory of everything.  Spoiler alert: he thinks he's found the answer.
I'm looking forward to its nomination(s) already.  Too bad Hawking won't be around to see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment