Friday, July 14, 2017

Cadets and Cadets 2 play 'Les Miserables' for a drum corps Bastille Day


Happy Bastille Day!  Last year, I celebrated it as another drum corps holiday with Phantom Regiment's "City of Light" show.  This year, I'm featuring the same corps that I did in this year's drum corps Fourth of July, The Cadets with their 1989 show, "Les Miserables".  First from Youth Education in the Arts YouTube channel.

Cadets 1989 - "Les Miserables" - I Dreamed A Dream (from Les Miserables), At the End of the Day (from Les Miserables), Look Down (from Les Miserables), On My Own (from Les Miserables), Attack on Rue Plumet (from Les Miserables), Bring Him Home (from Les Miserables), One Day More (from Les Miserables), At the Barracades (from Les Miserables)
Next, 1989 Cadets of Bergen County - "Les Miserables" - Final 1:00.

The final minute of the Cadets of Bergen County 1989 5th place show. This DCI finals performance took place on August 19, 1989 at Arrowhead Stadium in Kansas City, Missouri.
That's not all.  For an encore (encorps :-), I present the Cadets2 Drum and Bugle Corps 2013 Show, which is also "Les Miserables."


I have more videos of corps playing music from this musical, but I'm saving them for the future.  As I have written multiple times, most recently in Tipsy Bartender recipes for National Mojito Day, "I'm an environmentalist; not only do I recycle, I conserve my resources."  In the meantime, Vive La France!

No comments:

Post a Comment