Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Fossils for National Seashell Day plus bonus American Eagle Day


While National Day Calendar says tomorrow is National Seashell Day, I already have a celebration of Happy World Giraffe Day on the Summer Solstice planned.  So I'm going to take advantage of last year's National Seashell Day being held on the 20th to celebrate it today.  I'm a snail expert as well as a paleontologist, I'm using Seeker/DNews' This Famous Tongue Twister Is Actually About Dinosaurs to put my own unique spin on the holiday.

"She sells seashells by the seashore" isn't the whole story.
...
"Mary Anning found the fossils of prehistoric animals. Today many children like finding out about dinosaurs. When Mary Anning was a child, no one knew about these long-dead animals. Mary's fossil-hunting helped change the way people thought about the world."
I plan on showing this video to my geology class today.  Welcome to blogging as professional development.

There is another national day that actually happens today that I also want to celebrate, National American Eagle Day.  Follow over the jump for my blogging observation.


The closest I've come to observing this day was to post Bald Eagle facts for 4th of July weekend from DNews.  I have another edition of A drum corps 4th of July from the Troopers planned for that day, so I'm celebrating Bald Eagles today with CNN's Eagle vs. Donald Trump.

Watch bald eagle try to bite Trump and muss his hair. But CNN's Jeanne Moos reports the bird also snaps at liberals.
For all that I razz Trump by calling him The Penguin, this is one way he isn't like the Batman villain at all.  The real Penguin gets along with birds.

No comments:

Post a Comment