Friday, March 17, 2017

St. Patrick's Day drinks from Tipsy Bartender and MLive


After writing Hundreds protest Trump in Willow Run for the Ides of March, I wrote "I feel like having a drink after writing that.  Fortunately, tomorrow is St. Patrick's Day.  Perfect timing!"  With that, Happy St. Patrick's Day to my readers!  To celebrate, I'm sharing yet more drinks from Tipsy Bartender.

I begin with DIY Lucky Charms Vodka.

LUCKY CHARMS VODKA
Lucky Charms Marshmallows
Vodka
Lemon Lime Soda

PREPARATION
1. Arrange lucky charms marshmallows by color. Infuse with vodka.
2. Pour mix into shot glass, top with lemon-lime soda, garnish and shoot. Enjoy responsibly!
Next, Shamrock Shooters.

SHAMROCK SHOOTERS
1 Part Creme De Menthe
1 Part White Creme De Cacao
1 Part White Chocolate Liqueur
Whipped Cream
Lucky Charms Marshmallows

PREPARATION
1. Combine liquors with ice and shake well.
2. Strain mix into shot glasses and garnish with whipped cream and lucky charm marshmallows. Enjoy responsibly!
That's it from Tipsy Bartender for this year.  I could dig through the back catalog, but as I've written before, I'm an environmentalist.  I not only recycle, I conserve my resources, so I'll save the older videos for a St. Patrick's Day in the future when there aren't any new ones being produced.  Instead, follow over the link for six videos from MLive featuring the drinks bars and cafes in Flint, Michigan have on tap for today.  Sorry, no recipes.

The first bar featured is The Torch.

Bar manager Nolan award describes the Crooked Golf Swing and more as he talks about featured drinks for St. Patrick's Day 2017 in Flint.
Next, Churchill's.

Churchill's owner John Saites describes two speciality drinks featured for St. Patrick's Day 2017 in Flint.
Cork on Saginaw has its own specialty drink for today.

Cork on Saginaw bar manager Shannon Boisclair describes the specialty drinks and food featured for St. Patrick's Day 2017 in Flint.
All that booze, but what about the food?  Table & Tap has that covered, too.

Table & Tap general manager Caleb DeHart describes the specialty drinks and food featured for St. Patrick's Day 2017 in Flint.
Stepping down to wine drinks, The Loft has Shamrock Sangria and the food it can wash down.

The Loft owner Rodney Ott describes the specialty drinks and food featured for St. Patrick's Day 2017 in Flint.
For people who prefer beer to mixed drinks and wine, there's Tenacity Brewing.

Tenacity Brewing bartender Mike Peters describes the speciality draft beer featured for St. Patrick's Day 2017 in Flint.
I had no idea downtown Flint was this much fun on St. Patrick's Day!   I'm glad to write something about the town that isn't about its water crisis.

MLive has more videos posted, but I'll stop here.  Drink responsibly and, once again, Happy St. Patrick's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment