Friday, January 20, 2017

Counterprogramming for The Resistance


The Resistance with Keith Olbermann has a simple message for today: Boycott Donald Trump's Inauguration.

Nothing irks Trump more than you not paying attention to him.
I second this emotion.  To assist my readers who agree with Keith and me, I'm posting videos with music that one can watch and listen to instead of watching The Penguin Donald being sworn in as Mayor of Gotham City President of the United States.

First, instead of the Inauguration Parade, watch Marching Bands of the 2017 Pasadena Tournament of Roses Parade.

Recap of the 22 marching bands that performed in the 128th Pasadena Tournament of Roses Parade on Monday, January 2, 2017.
Next, listen to "The President's Own" play "March of the Resistance" from "Star Wars, The Force Awakens."

"The President's Own" United States Marine Band performs John Williams' Suite from Star Wars: The Force Awakens, transcribed by Paul Lavender, on March 14, 2016, at The Music Center at Strathmore in North Bethesda, Md. Conducted by Lt. Col. Jason K. Fettig.
Finally, instead of listening to the acts in concert, listen to Muse playing "Resistance."


Hoped that helped you ignore the Inauguration.  As Keith says, "Resist.  Peace."

2 comments:

  1. Regarding the "Don't Blame Me..." I've got a Clinton/Kaine sticker on my truck. Thought of peeling it off after the election. I'm leaving it on just to display that message. God forbid anyone think I voted for Trump.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a Clinton sticker on my car, too. I was planning on covering it up to prevent vandalism, but two things happened. First, someone already scratched my car before I could cover the sticker, so there was no point to it any more. Second, I had the same reaction you did. I want to advertise that it's not my fault either.

      BTW, after you posted, the original image disappeared. I could find the copy on Pinterest to replace it, but I decided the image I have now is better.

      Delete