Thursday, December 15, 2016

'Inconvenient Truth 2' being released next year


I mentioned a sequel to "An Inconvenient Truth," at the end of "Westworld" wins two acting honors at the Critics' Choice Awards.  Wochit Entertainment has the story: 11 Years After its Premiere, 'An Inconvenient Truth' Gets a Sequel.

Al Gore's climate change documentary, "An Inconvenient Truth," is getting a sequel. Paramount Pictures said Friday the follow-up to the Oscar-winning original will premiere at next January's Sundance Film Festival. In a statement, Gore called for a re-dedication to solving what he called the climate crisis and said there are reasons to be hopeful. He met this week with President-elect Donald Trump to discuss the topic and termed the meeting productive. Several days later, Trump picked Oklahoma Attorney General Scott Pruitt, a climate-change denier, as head of the Environmental Protection Agency.
I just finished showing my students "An Inconvenient Truth" last week.  It's a very good movie, and it's holding up better than "The End of Suburbia," which I've really had enough of for reasons beyond the age of the film.*  Just the same, it's also getting out of date so I've been looking for a replacement such as "Chasing Ice."  Maybe I can just wait until the sequel comes out on DVD and show that instead.  I know, I'm lazy, but it might just work.

*I've become more and more disenchanted with Kunstler.  He's developed a terrible case of "Get off my lawn" over the past couple of years.  I'm less inclined to give his ideas a captive audience in my students.  I'm also fed up with a lot of his commenters, to the point where I am not posting comments at his blog for the rest of the year.  Yeah, that's only two more weeks, but still.

No comments:

Post a Comment