Wednesday, July 29, 2015

WXYZ previews marijuana legalization for the 2016 ballot


I repeated the following story in Good news from the Supreme Court this week.
It made one of the two predictions I made in Meanwhile, at the bottom of the ballot come true.
Two years ago, I told one of my students that there would be two changes in his lifetime propelled by his generation--marijuana legalization and marriage equality.
One down, one to go.
We may not have to wait that long, as I posted Marijuana legalization may be on the Michigan ballot next year just this past April--no fooling!  WXYZ reports in Debating the push to legalize marijuana in Michigan that 40,000 signatures have already been collected to put one of the measures on the ballot.

The push is on to legalize marijuana for recreational use in Michigan.
Rocky Raczkowski is on the losing side of this debate.  I'm not surprised.  As I wrote in Report on the 2014 Clawson 4th of July parade, "I volunteered for Gary Peters when he ran against him in 2010 and Peters beat him, so I'm not scared of Rocky."  I'm not impressed by him, either.

WXYZ also looked at redistricting reform in the same newscast.  Stay tuned for an entry about that tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment