Wednesday, May 27, 2015

WXYZ follows up on public transit


One of the issues covered in Michigan transportation news from WXYZ was mass transit.  Last week, WXYZ followed up on that issue with two clips posted to its YouTube channel.  The first, which set the stage for the next, was Rant Van: Discussing mass transit.

Metro Detroit residents sounded off in the Channel 7 Rant Van about mass transit in metro Detroit.
The good news is that buses seem to be running more on time.  The bad news is that there are still a lot of issues, some of which were addressed in Southeast Michigan public transit.

Michael Ford, CEO of the Regional Transit Authority joins The Now Detroit to discuss public transit with us.
I'm going to be a good environmentalist and recycle my opinion.
Given what I've written about mass transit on this blog, most recently in More suburbs should ride the SMART bus, it should come as no surprise that I think this is a good development.  The area has inadequate public transportation and I think it desperately needs to be improved.
Good luck, Mr. Ford, and I mean that sincerely.

No comments:

Post a Comment