Saturday, May 23, 2015

Roundabouts--instructions and music


Roundabouts have become more common during the past decade in Michigan as they have been installed at major intersections.  One of them is being built only two miles away from where I sit right now as I type.  Traffic in the area is a mess, but I'm looking forward to seeing how it flows once the roundabout is finished.  I don't mind driving through roundabouts, but a lot of other people I know dislike them.  For them, I present WOOD-TV's How to navigate a roundabout.

Experts say roundabouts are safer, but the thought of navigating them makes many people anxious.
I learned some useful information from this clip.  Before I watched it, I didn't know about the savings in electricity (very on-topic for this blog and useful for my classes), the actual numbers for reduction of fatal and injury accidents, or the law about how many times one can go around a roundabout.  Now I do.

Enough seriousness.  It's a holiday weekend and I'm worn out from writing Popular entries from the back catalog for the fourth year of Crazy Eddie's Motie News, so I'll leave my readers with some topical music, Roundabout by Yes in HD.  Enjoy the sound and scenery!


Stay tuned for the Sunday entertainment entry, which I expect will feature "Tomorrowland."

No comments:

Post a Comment