Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Music for the Revenge of the Sixth from KOTOR


Today is the day to celebrate the Dark Side of Star Wars Day, the Revenge of the Sixth.  Last year, I observed the occasion with Music for Revenge of the Sixth, consisting of the Sith music themes from Star Wars: The Old Republic (SW:TOR).  This year, I'll begin where I left off, returning to the first uses of the Sith theme In Knights of the Old Republic (KOTOR), The Sith/Endar Spire.


Follow over the jump for more villainous music from KOTOR.

That's not the only use of that leitmotif in the game.  It shows up in purer form as Inside the Sith Base.


I haven't played KOTOR, so I don't know if this isn't actually the first use of the theme.  It may be, but I'll let the purists sort that out.

It also shows up in very altered form as part of Korriban Sith Academy.


Enough of the Sith theme for now.  I might return to it next year, when I'm thinking of using music from KOTOR II to observe today--that, or post music cues for Revan as a Sith Lord.  What about equivalents to the Imperial March?  It turns out there is one, Darth Malak's Theme.


If that sounds familiar, it's because it's the original of a variation that I used to conclude ISIS looks like Sith, not Jedi.  Time to be a good environmentalist and recycle.


With that video, I come full circle back to SW:TOR.  I like closing circles.

No comments:

Post a Comment