Saturday, January 11, 2014

Preparations for NAIAS 2014 have begun


In this morning's Final night of 2013 Dream Cruise from WXYZ, I noted that "WXYZ is already posting videos about the preparation for this year's NAIAS, so my entries on the event should begin very soon."  How soon?  How about less than 12 hours later?

First, Julie Banovic is reporting on the physical preparations outside Cobo Hall in Preparing for the North American International Auto Show.


I remember that 1999 blizzard.  I was teaching in Detroit Public Schools at the time, and it took the city all week for the streets to be plowed enough that students could get to class.  It didn't inspire any confidence in the city's ability to provide basic services.

Next, Julie describes the PR preparations for reporters and other visitors in D:hive to provide an insider's view of Detroit for journalists visiting for 2014 auto show.

Jeanette Pierce of D:hive shows us some of the stops on her organization's tour of Detroit. D:hive is offering tours of the city for visiting journalists who want to better understand the city during their coverage of the 2014 North American International Auto Show.
I enjoyed the tour of restaurants and shops.  All of them look like fun.  Also, I liked Price's comment about Detroit, that it's big enough to matter in the world, but small enough that an individual can matter in it.  I think that's one of the reasons I've become attached to the place, problems and all.

No comments:

Post a Comment