Saturday, January 4, 2014

Metro Detroit bracing for Winter Storm Ion


Last night, I told my readers Winter Storm Ion is on its way.  I just returned from the grocery store and, as I expected, the place was crazy busy.  This was as bad as the night before a major food holiday, and the workers there said it had been worse earlier, with lines for the butcher going down the aisles and sales 50% above normal.  Fortunately, the clerks were busy stocking, so the shelves were full and I was able to find everything I was looking for that the store normally carried.

The supermarkets aren't the only places preparing, as WXYZ reported yesterday in Bracing for another storm.


For anyone wondering about Cindy Dingell, she's John and Debbie Dingell's daughter-in-law.  I'm a political reporter, so I pay attention to such things.

Follow over the jump from more videos about getting ready for the snow and the blast of Arctic air to follow.

After the storm, I'll be one of the people shoveling.  Here's what WXYZ says about that in Shoveling safety tips.


People aren't the only ones who have to be careful.  Dogs are, too.


As I wrote at the end of the previous entry, "stay warm, everyone."

No comments:

Post a Comment