Monday, January 6, 2014

Fantasy and reality of snow days in Michigan


The second paragraph of Mid-storm update on Ion in Detroit read:
Then, at 6 PM, my workplace closed, along with dozens of other schools.  As the Detroit News describes the situation, there will be "no school from Lincoln Park to Clarkston, Ann Arbor to Utica and Lincoln Park to Grosse Pointe."  Snow Day!
Time to post the fantasy and reality of snow days in Michigan like I did in First major snowfall and it's already late January.  For the fantasy, I present Pure Michigan's Snow Days.

Remember snow day when the schools were closed and the day was wide open? The first step into fresh powder was like stepping into a new world.
Now the reality from John Kerfoot of Not So Pure Michigan: Pure Michigan: Snow Days.


If this looks familiar, then you read to the end of Hercules leaves behind a snow day.  If you did, you should also remember my punchline.
At least we got more than five inches, and I got a snow day.  Vacation extended until tomorrow!
What do you expect?  I'm an environmentalist; I recycle!

No comments:

Post a Comment