Saturday, May 25, 2013

Corner station surprises in gas war plus bonus "big gas" commercial

In the previous installment, I predicted that gas prices would generally go up, reaching $4.00 by July 4th.  I didn't make a prediction about this weekend, but if I had, I would have forecast prices going up.  So far, just the opposite has happened.

Yesterday, I drive by the corner station and they dropped their price to $3.75 from $3.84.  Even more surprising, it was selling gas for less than the three stations down the street, which were all at $3.79.  Usually it's the corner station that leads in raising prices, not lowering them.

Speaking of lower gas prices, WCPO posted this segment on K-Mart's "big gas savings" commercial.  Enjoy the pun!



The video promoting the offer is controversial.

No comments:

Post a Comment