Sunday, January 6, 2013

the Hipcrime Vocab: Kunstler Victory Lap?


I have a new computer, which means I don't have access to the free HTML editor and all the files saved to it until I transfer the program over to the new hard drive.  Until then, I'm going to do some reblogging from the other people on Blogspot who follow the same topics I do, escapefromwisconsin at the Hipcrime Vocab and Stuart Saniford at Early Warning.  I'll start with the Hipcrime Vocab today.

the Hipcrime Vocab: Kunstler Victory Lap?: I see Jim Kunstler is out with his annual forecast . For the record, I think most of his predictions are terrible (except for drought). Of c...

I'm with escapefromwisconsin on this one. Kunstler should be trumpeting his small successes instead of doubling down on his particular brand of doom that he thinks will yield the World Made by Hand he (thinks) he wants.

Like escape, I plan on responding to Kunstler's forecast, in particular his attempt to puncture the effects of fracking on increasing oil production. He seems to be really out of step with a lot of people who realize that, while peak cheap conventional oil has indeed happened on schedule, peak unconventional oil, and even peak total oil, may be at least a decade off. Until then, I'm using the reblog function of Blogger to boost escape's signal here at Crazy Eddie's Motie News.

No comments:

Post a Comment