Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Spacecraft on parade and Obama praising science and technology

I really enjoy it when someone else does my work for me, especially when the "someone else" consists of the competent people at NASA.  They managed to tie together my two previous posts about the Inauguration.  In the video NASA's Floats in Presidential Inaugural Parade, NASA not only showed Curiosity, Orion, "Mohawk Guy," and some astronauts strolling down Pennsylvania Avenue, just as the Space.com article and NASA video I included in NASA and the Inauguration described, they also included most of the passages of President Obama's Second Inaugural Address I quoted in Science, climate, and energy in the Inaugural Address, along with an additional paragraph that I missed.  Here it is.

Video of full-size models of the Curiosity Mars rover and Orion, the multi-purpose capsule that will take our astronauts farther into space than ever, as they appeared in the Washington, D.C. parade on Jan. 21. Accompanying the vehicles were members of the Curiosity team from NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory, and current and former astronauts Alvin Drew, Serena Aunon, Kate Rubins, Mike Massimino, Lee Morin and Kjell Lindgren, as well as Leland Melvin, NASA's associate administrator for Education, and John Grunsfeld, NASA's associate administrator for Science.
Thank you and good work, NASA.  It's exactly what I wanted to watch, then show to my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment