Sunday, December 9, 2012

Geeky and nerdy menorahs for Hanukkah

I'll begin with this one that I posted in Overnight News Digest: Science Saturday (Doha climate talks conclude edition) at Daily Kos last night.


The Mary Sue: Things We Saw Today: Have a Happy Hanukkah With This Trilobite Menorah
by Rebecca Pahle
5:30 pm, December 8th, 2012
Etsy seller Trilobite Glass Works makes a menorah in the shape of a… wait for it… trilobite. Via Mental Floss’ list of 15 More Quirky Menorahs. Happy first day of Hanukkah, everyone!
More menorahs from Mental Floss over the jump.


This isn't particularly geeky, but my wife and I own a pair of dachshunds, so it reflects our personalities.  And, yes, my wife loved it.


Cyber Hannukah, anyone?


I'm a paleontologist.  Of course I like this.


And now for a kaiju version of a dinosaur, Godzilla.

While I'm on the subject of fantastic movies, here's one inspired by one of my favorites.


May the Schwartz be with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment