Sunday, June 17, 2012

Happy Father's Day!



Unlike the massive orgy of consumption that is Mother's Day, Father's Day is pretty low key. I was only able to find a third of the videos about the day among my YouTube subscriptions that I saw for Mother's Day and I decided against embedding my favorite because it was unlisted. Watch the ones I did embed over the jump.

The stereotypical gift for dad is a tie and cufflinks. WXYZ shows that people still buy those as presents.



"The Shirt Box" in Farmington Hills offers unique father's gifts


I'm not into that, as I don't wear suits enough. Besides, conspicuous consumption makes me uneasy. On the other hand, I really enjoy a good meal.



Mitchell's Fish Market


If that fails, then I can always grill. Oh, wait, it's raining. As the video below shows, it should clear out by dinnertime. I can still grill!



Happy Father's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment