Friday, March 16, 2012

Michigan Tornadoes on the Ides of March

When I warned readers to beware the Ides of March, I didn't expect another round of tornadoes in Michigan. Surprise!

Videos over the jump.



The earliest video on my feed came from WOOD-TV, which was reporting on the event from all the way over on the other side of the state.




WOOD-TV continued with their coverage by showing the warning and watch zones at the time.




That was the view from Grand Rapids. Here is the best video I've seen so far from people on the scene. It shows the unusual spiral of debris in the funnel that also appeared in the video clips I watched on the Weather Channel last night.




While the disc golfers at Huron Mills Metro Park* above were having the scary fun shown above, this is what was happening on the ground only a few miles away. Again, this is the same footage I watched on the Weather Channel last night.




Of course, if it bleeds, it leads, and both of the Michigan TV stations I follow on YouTube had long segments on the damage on their newscasts last night. First, WXYZ.




Next, WOOD-TV.




WXYZ in particular has more videos about the outbreak from today, but I'll save them for a later post.

The only good thing about this tornado outbreak was there were no serious injuries reported as of last night. Just the same, beware the Ides of March, indeed!

*I used to collect water for one of my jobs there, so this is another story that hits close to home for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment