Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Nablopomo for February: Relative

NaBloPoMo February 2012


It's that time again.
So what is the NaBloPoMo theme of the month?


RELATIVE


Families form in hundreds of different ways -- from the brothers and sisters you are born with to the people who become fictive kin as you go through life, our relationships define us and support us. Use the month to not only explore your connections to the obvious relatives -- your aunts, cousins, or grandparents -- but your ancestors, the people who are no longer part of your family, and the ones that you wish were related to you.
...
So tell us about your siblings. If you can name at least five things about them, it means you have at least five blog posts inside of you. And if you can do five posts, you can certainly expand that and do an extra 25 or so.
That's not really what I had in mind for this blog. If I were using my LiveJournal (not a good idea, as the service is subject to DDoS attacks, which would prevent me from fulfilling my pledge to post every day) or my Dreamwidth (I really don't want to post the name of that blog on a feminist site; I also don't want to rename it), I could do this, as both are personal blogs. Other than talking about what my relatives have done (or not done) in terms of sustainability, broadly interpreted, I think it would be off-topic.

However, these Nablopomo themes always have approved alternative interpretations.
This is also a month to look for connections between two unrelated concepts or objects. It's a month to get subjective, to state opinions, to examine your personal truth.
I do both all the time. I find two things that on the surface appear to be unrelated, but show that they really are. I also have been stating opinions all along. Looks like this topic is just fine for this blog.

As for who will be blogging with me under politics, the blogroll currently shows stay{up}early.
I’m Christina. A Democratic political operative working in and around the Texas Capitol.

I’m an over-zealous texter, a native Austinite and a social media evangelist. I’ve seen every episode of The Golden Girls and not one minute of The Godfather.
That's promising. I hope she can keep up the pace.

No comments:

Post a Comment