Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Woodward Dream Cruise update for August 16, 2011

Take it away, WXYZ-TV!




Business benefiting from Dream Cruise


As I mentioned last night, the Woodward Dream Cruise has become a major cultural event. It's also a great tourist attraction that is good for local business. I know it's not sustainable, but it's great fun. It reminds me of the Rose Parade, except anyone with a good-looking car can join in.

There are also the personal stories of the individual car owners, such as the following.




Alton Seay bought the car new in 1971. He courted his wife Charlotte in it. They raised their three children in it and have now restored it to pristine condition.
I'll be looking for Alton and Charlotte cruising along the northbound side of Woodward this coming Friday and Saturday.

Also, I've been watching WXYZ since I moved here in 1989 and Mary Conway had already been working there for at least a year, so I've been watching her this entire time. I swear this is the happiest I've ever seen her. She must really like cars, the Woodward Dream Cruise, or both.

No comments:

Post a Comment