Tuesday, August 23, 2011

For Dusty: Woodward Dream Cruise is dopamine returned on gasoline invested

In the comments to Final day and night of 2011 Woodward Dream Cruise, Dusty and I had a pretty lively discussion about how we both enjoy classic American cars, even though they really aren't good for the environment. At the end of that conversation, I told Dusty that I recalled a post from The Oil Drum that describes the justification for events like the Woodward Dream Cruise.

Dopamine Returned on Energy Invested (DREI)?

Dopamine, as my wife the psychologist can tell you, is involved in the perception of pleasure. For a lot of people, including me, classic cars in general and the Woodward Dream Cruise in particular give a high return of pleasure for the energy invested.

2 comments:

  1. For a lot of people, including me, classic cars in general and the Woodward Dream Cruise in particular give a high return of pleasure for the energy invested. Add me in there brotha! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was thinking of both of us when I posted that. Did you click on through to The Oil Drum post? That does a good job of capturing my ambivalence.

    ReplyDelete