Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Nablopomo for June: Fan

A few days ago, I wrote:
The month is winding down and I'm starting to feel like mailing it in. As I wrote a week ago:
I don't have to worry about finding something to write about the rest of the month. Blogging about sustainability in metro Detroit means never running out of material. Instead, I have to worry about finding the time and maintaining my energy and discipline. Here's to that "maybe" coming true the rest of the month.
I'm about to hit the wall on my "energy and discipline" and I'm glad there are only two days and posts after this one. If you want more details on this, read my post on Dreamwidth about my attitude and what I plan on doing about it--or not. I'm so mailing it in that I'm going to copy that entry and post it here.
Here it is.
This month's experience just reinforced my experience that "I found blogging about sustainability every day of this...month to be brutal," so much so that I barely felt up to reblogging my posts to Dreamwidth and LJ. That written, I find the following announcement to be a relief.


June2011NaBloPoMoSmallBadge

June's theme for daily blogging: FAN. There are the physical ones, the symbol of summer in the northern hemisphere. I'm sitting across from one right now, and it's cooling down the room. There are the handheld ones that women demurely shake in front of their face. There are the human ones -- the fans we see at sporting events or the fans we see in our comment section. There are the times it comes tucked into a word... such as "fantastic."
YAY! I can take a break from being all SRS BZNS all the time and blog about fandom. It's been too long since I've done that and my brain is ready for it.

It also turns out that my declaration that I would be swatting a hornet this week turned out to be premature. That errand would have prevented me from participating in NaBloPoMo for June, which I'd have found frustrating. Such a fun and relaxing theme!

I still have to finish out this month over at Crazy Eddie's Motie News, but at least I don't have to post every day next month as well. I'll still post there, but at least if I feel like I need a day off, I can take it. Besides, that blog got very little traffic from NaBloPoMo, anyway--three hits in April and one hit so far in May. On the other hand, people surfing over from Kunstler's blog have provided me with more than 700 hits so far this month.

As for which blog I'll list, it will probably be my LiveJournal. First, that one has a history on NaBloPoMo. Second, NaBloPoMo has officially been moved to BlogHer. They really won't like a Blog named "Neon Vincent's Massage Parlour!"
Even mailing it in, I still managed to not miss a day of blogging here. As for today's official NaBloPoMo post, you can find it here.

Back to sustainability blogging tomorrow

No comments:

Post a Comment