Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Gas prices fall back below $4.00 in metro Detroit

The last time I looked at gas prices in Metro Detroit, they had risen above $4.00/gallon again. Within days of my writing that post, the trend reversed. The Detroit Free Press now reports that prices have fallen below $4.00/gallon.
AAA Michigan says gasoline prices are down 23 cents per gallon over the past week to a statewide average of $3.88.
I just checked the corner gas station, where I'm going to fill up my car in a few minutes on the way into work. They're selling unleaded regular for $3.75/gallon, and that's the credit price. If that price holds, AAA Michigan and the Detroit Free Press will have another price drop to report next week. That's good news and it's not a suppository.


No comments:

Post a Comment